You can ask the Court to deny approval by filing an objection to the Settlement Agreement. If the Court denies approval, no settlement payments will be sent out and the lawsuit will continue.

You may object to the Settlement Agreement in writing. Written objections should include the following information:

  • Your full name, current mailing address, telephone number, and if you are being assisted by a lawyer, the lawyer’s name, address and telephone number;
  • The case name and number of the Litigation (Wasulko, et al. v. eRentPayment, LLC, et al. v. Base Commerce d/b/a CheckCommerce, Case No. 2017-cv-031088);
  • A statement establishing your membership in the Settlement Class;
  • A brief explanation of your reasons for objecting; and
  • Your signature.

An objection must be submitted to the Court either by mailing it to the Clerk at the address below, or by filing it in person at the Courthouse. To be valid, objections must be filed with the Court or postmarked on or before OCTOBER 5, 2020:


Clerk of The Court
Larimer County District Court
201 LaPorte Avenue, Suite 100
Fort Collins, CO 80521

Copies of the objection must be mailed, postmarked on or before OCTOBER 5, 2020, to counsel to the parties and to the Settlement Administrator as follows:

Plaintiffs’ Counsel:

Ian T. Hicks, Esquire
The Law Office of Ian T. Hicks, LLC
6000 East Evans Ave, Bldg. 1, Ste 140
Denver, CO 80222

Defendants’ Counsel:

Alice Conway Powers, Esquire
Jon J. Olafson, Esquire
Shawna M. Ruetz, Esquire
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
1700 Lincoln St, Ste 4000
Denver, CO 80203
Aaron A. Boschee, Esquire
Achieve Law Group, LLC
146 West 11th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204

Settlement Administrator:

Rental Payment Class
c/o The Notice Company
P.O. Box 455
Hingham, MA 02043